Love exploring castles? It’s time to tick Carrickfergus Castle off your bucket list. Step into one of the best-preserved medieval buildings in Ireland and is the only castle in the country that has been continuously occupied by military forces since it was built up until 1928. This 800-year-old Norman Castle is located in County Antrim, on the northern shore of Belfast Lough. Visitors of the castle can book a tour where you’ll get a real insight into the castle history, learn fascinating stories and see the views from the Great Tower with its newly reconstructed roof!
What tourist attractions can I visit in Northern Ireland?
Carrickfergus is a great place to visit with plenty of historic sites to see. Why not also visit St. Nicholas’ Church while you’re in the area, built by the same Anglo-Norman conqueror John de Courcy who built Carrickfergus Castle in the late 12th century.
- Tours take place daily from Tuesday to Sunday 9.30 am to 4 pm
- Pre-booked guided tours only
- Maximum of 10 people on each tour
- Each tour is an hour-long
- The tour price £5.50 for adults and £3.50 for seniors/students (under 3’s go free)