Tipperary Museum of Hidden History is a unique, modern visitor experience located right in the centre of Clonmel in County Tipperary; right in the very heart of Ireland’s Ancient East. Take a trip into the past through fascinating stories of building castles, bravery and battles fought, and delve into the darker side with superstition, murder and death in this one of a kind, immersive experience. The museum is absolutely not one to miss out on!
What are the opening times of the Tipperary Museum of Hidden History?
Bringing Tipperary’s fascinating, and sometimes dark, hidden history strikingly to life, the Museum vividly to life through unforgettable historic characters and incredible stories. You’re certain to be surprised and intrigued by what you find! Explore tales of two worlds, from rural life in 19th century Tipperary to the Big Houses of the Suir Valley. Learn about one man and his boat and meet a host of heroes from the world of sports and entertainment. This multi-sensory experience is a must-see on your journey into Ireland’s Ancient East.
The museum is divided into three sections. Here are some highlights within these sections:
- Oliver Cromwell’s Death Mask
- Late Victorian Wedding Gown
- Christmas Cards
- The Siege of Clonmel 1650 – Part 1
- Clonmel Gaol
- Snow in Clonmel by Lilla Perry
- The O’Donoghue, 1880
- Portrait of Lord Hawarden, 1856
- Monday – CLOSED
- Tuesday – 10:00 to 13:00, 14:00 to 15:45
- Wednesday – 10:00 to 13:00, 14:00 to 15:45
- Thursday – 10:00 to 13:00, 14:00 to 15:45
- Friday – 10:00 to 13:00, 14:00 to 15:45
- Saturday – 10:00 to 13:00, 14:00 to 15:45
- Sunday – CLOSED