Do you want to lose yourself in starry night skies or soak up the mountainous views? If you do, you should come and explore Galloway Forest Park! Here you can cycle, walk or mountain bike across beautiful glens and trails, all while looking at and appreciating the natural wildlife. Try to spot red deer and wild goats or walk in the footsteps of Robert the Bruce for a day. You can spend the night nestled in nature’s arms as you watch the night sky put on a show of over 7000 stars, planets and the bright band of the Milky Way, all for your enjoyment. For nature lovers, this is a must-go spot!
Where can I find Galloway Forest Park?
In addition, there are also a lot of different options for campers and glampers so, no matter what you want as long as being at one with nature is your ultimate goal, this park is perfect for you and your company. If camping is not your thing, there are numerous cabins in the forest that would love to house you as you explore the beautiful forest trails, rich history and magical loch and hill views at your doorstep.
- Dark Sky Park – one of the best places to stargaze in Europe
- See beautiful wildlife as well as the natural beauty of the area
- Have a great view before getting out from any of the three visitor centres to see the unlit park: Kirroughtree, Glentrool & Clatteringshaws
- Other outdoor activities available – check on the website
- Camping is always welcome but, to protect the environment, between March and September, there are extra rules in place, make sure to check before going