All aboard! Are you a history fan? Or perhaps a Harry Potter fan? Then you must’ve heard about the famous Jacobite steam train. Described as the best railway journey in the World, this train journey takes you past some of the most stunning scenery in Scotland.
Where can we experience one of the best steam train journeys in the World?
On this 84 miles round journey from Fort William to Mallaig, you get to see Ben Nevis, Glenfinnan, Arisaig, Loch Morar, River Morar, Loch Nevis and much more of Scotland’s wild landscapes. Perfect for trips with your partner, friends and even family, while you’re in the Highlands, you can’t miss this activity out!
Jacobite Steam Train: The Hogwarts Express
Did you know that this train acted as the Hogwarts Express in the Harry Potter movies? By taking this train, you’ll be sitting in the same carriages that took Harry and his friends to Hogwarts!
With an hour and a half break in Mallaig, passengers get the chance to explore this bustling fishing port that had its humble beginning as a fishing village in 1840. Just next to the train station you can test the local fish and chips, and explore the village!
Fort William has excellent accessibility to the West Highlands. To get the full experience of the West of Scotland, why not give yourself a few days to explore.
- Booking in advance is strongly recommended
- The train journey is a return service; you start and finish in Fort William with a stop in Mallaig
- There is a 90 minute in Mallaig
- Morning service 7 days a week (26th April – 29th Oct): 10.15 am to 4.03 pm
- Afternoon service 7 days a week (26th April – 1st Oct): 12. 45 pm to 6.53 pm
- Saturday afternoon service – 2.40 pm to 8.32 pm
- Standard ticket price: Adult – £52, Child (16 and under) – £30
- First Class ticket: Adult – £79.50, Child – £52