If you want to take a break from being so high above sea level in the mountains of Snowdonia, then there’s no better way than to go to get active on the sea itself! Get yourself down to Cardigan Water Centre for some water-bound fun. If you’re looking for some high quality excitement in Wales, then Cardigan Water Centre in New Quay is the perfect place to do it.
Where can I do watersports in Wales?
The sheltered water of New Quay and it’s wonderful surroundings make for one of the best places for watersports in the UK. There’s a wide range of exicting activities to get stuck into, whether you’re new or a veteran as every session will be under the expert guidance of their team. Cruise with the winds of the Irish Sea in their windsurfing sessions; take a costal tour of Cardigan in their kayaking session; pick up a fun new skill in their taster paddle boarding sessions or even go water-skiing! If you’ve got the kids with you, you can take them to the kids splash session for something a little less intense.
- Price varies depending on activity. Individual prices can be checked at: https://www.cardiganbaywatersports.org.uk/activities/
- Minimum age 8; under 12s need to be accompanied by an adult on the water.
- Buoyancy aids are included in the hire price and must be worn.
- There are no changing facilities or showers.
- There is a safety boat on the water at all times.
- Equipment hire is also available (kayaks, paddleboards etc.)
- They are usually closed from Winter until Easter time.
- The centre is about a 2 hour drive from Cardiff via the M4.