The Welsh coast is home to some of Britain’s most important and stunning ecosystems where wildlife thrives – the islands of North Pembrokeshire are the highlights of this beauty and are a must-do trip for anyone planning to visit Wales. What better way to do this than with a boat tour around the islands with Voyages of Discovery, a local family-run company with an expert team to guide your expedition?
Where can I see wildlife in Wales?
Your voyage will navigate into deep sea caves, through gorges and around stunning tall cliff faces where’ll you can admire the colonies of birds and spectacular sea life. There is a range of voyages to choose from – take the popular choice for families with the Ramsey Island voyage, where you’ll observe a special mix of sea caves, gorges and wildlife including grey seals, seabirds and porpoises. If you’re an avid wildlife watcher, take the Skomer Island voyage to experience the famous Puffin colonies, and even spot dolphins leaping out from the ocean. If it’s dolphins you’re after, then there is a voyage just for you with the offshore islands whale and dolphin trip, where you’ll be heading in search of all things cetaceans – dolphins, minke, whales and turtles are among the sea life spotted on this voyage.
Whether you want a quiet wildlife observation to snap some stunning pictures or thrilling adventures, Voyages of Discovery can make a trip that tailors to your needs.
- Prices and duration of trip vary depending on the voyage and can be checked at: https://www.ramseyisland.co.uk/boat-trips/
- Life jackets are provided, and waterproof jackets can be requested at the office.
- Advance booking can be done online, and you can also buy tickets in their office.
- All ages are welcome.
- Dogs are welcome on board.
- There is car parking available near their office at St David’s.
- St Davids is about a 2-hour drive from Swansea via the A40.
- You can also take the Milford Haven bound train from Swansea, stop at Haverfordwest, and take the T11 bus.