If you’re looking to experience something on a grand scale in Iceland, then we have the perfect activity for your stack. Join Into the Glacier to explore the beauty of Langjokull, Iceland’s second-largest glacier with the largest man-made ice tunnel in Europe lying inside!
How can I go inside Langjökull?
A tour with Into the Glacier is truly a once in a lifetime experience – explore the majestic world of this frozen giant with spectacular views from inside the glacier. The glacier covers a whopping area of 950 km², and elevates up to 1400 metres high! Your expert guides are part of the team that made the largest man-made ice tunnel happen, so you’ll learn everything you need to know about this spectacle and take home some unforgettable memories.
You’ll be driven in an impressive 8-wheel monster truck to the slopes of the glacier, with magnificent views of Iceland’s otherworldly scenery on the way. They’ll lead you through the tunnel and down into Langjökull ice cave, where the ice towers are 25 metres above you and 200 metres further below you!
- Crampons for walking on the ice are included.
- Transportation to the glacier is included.
- Bring your own warm clothing and sturdy shoes.
- The tunnel is well lit and the ground is relatively even, you just need to be comfortable with walking for more than an hour.
- Prices depend on the tour, which you can check here: https://intotheglacier.is/tours/
- Details for meeting points and directions are on their website.