Head down to one of North Wales’ hidden gems, Plas yn Rhiw, for a relaxing day out with family or friends. A stunning 17th century manor house surrounded by beautiful ornamental gardens with spectacular views of Cardigan bay and Snowdonia, this is a great activity for your stack whether you want to explore a little fascinating piece of Welsh history, or simply enjoy a walk in the fresh costal air.
Where should I go in Snowdonia?
This delightful little space located on the tip of the Lyn Peninsula makes for a great excursion from the city. Their garden is home to a vast array of flowers and trees well maintained by the National Trust including colourful magnolias, hedges and grassed pathways as well as 150 acres of surrounding woodlands. Inside the manor, take a look at what 17th century life was like by exploring the old families living quarters and bedrooms. The site also hosts events throughout the year, with family events to enjoy during the Christmas and Easter seasons.
The manor house also makes for a great start to a wonderful costal walk across Cardigan Bay through costal woodland, through the historical village of Rhiw, around the mountains and along charming country lanes.
- Tickets: Adults £6.20, kids £3.10, family £15.00.
- Details for the walk starting from the manor house can be found at: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/plas-yn-rhiw/trails/plas-yn-rhiw-and-rhiw-village-walk
- Rules for bringing dogs can be found at: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/plas-yn-rhiw/features/visiting-plas-yn-rhiw-with-your-dog
- The site is open from mid-March to November, 12:00am to 5pm (4pm in October)
- There is a café/restaurant on-site.
- Directions can be found at: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/plas-yn-rhiw#How%20to%20get%20here