Have you ever wanted to go skiing? There is a mountain adventure that calls for all skiers and snowboarders to grab a Gondola and come up to Glenshee! Whether you’ve been skiing all your life or have never been on a slope, they’ll have the right piste, steeps, glades and more for you to try out! Keeping you occupied for hours, you might find yourself quite peckish. If so, why not venture over to any of the three cafes on the slopes and enjoy a nourishing and re-energising meal before setting off again!
Where can I try awesome snowsports in the Highlands?
Glenshee is a glen in the east area of Aberdeenshire, which has some of the highest hills in the country. Combined with the rugged nature and farmland, which adds to the beauty of the whole area, your winter sports experience will truly be one of a kind! Not only that, there is a wide range of outdoor activities available all year round, so you can get to know the area as it changes through the seasons!
- Heights reach 3.504 ft
- Book chairlift ticket in advance (through the online portal)
- Cairnwell Chairlift open 9.30 am – 4.30 pm (last journey at 4.15)
- Chairlift tickets: Adult – £10 (return; single – £6), Concession – £8 (single – £5)
- Cafes open 9 am to 4 pm
- Suitable for all levels of skiers from beginner to advanced
- Beginning lessons at extensive nursery slopes until you feel comfortable and then move on to bigger slopes
- 26 blue and red runs as well as 2 black runs for experienced skiers
- Safety signs are set up across the slopes to ensure the safest experience
- It is snow dependent and normally runs from December to April