Have you always wanted to try white water rafting but never knew where? Here is your chance to get your feet wet and add rafting to your Stack! The Rafting Company, based at Grandtully, run white water rafting lessons on the River Tummel near Pitlochry, Perthshire, a fast-flowing river that offers the perfect opportunity for adventure with high-speed currents and a double drop waterfall! With expert tuition from their qualified instructors, you’ll get to grips with the rapid currents in no time. They also offer trips on the River Tay for groups or families looking for a more relaxed but equally scenic mode of travel!
Where can I go white water rafting in Scotland?
The great advantage of the Tummel is that the water flow is controlled by Clunie Dam, making the river more predictable with monitored dam releases rather than relying on rainfall alone. The narrow rocky nature of this part of the river as well as the Grade IV “Linn of Tummel” double-drop waterfall mean that this rafting experience is only suitable for ages 16 and up. Specialist equipment, as well as the transport to and from the meeting point at the river, are included in the price.
- Different rafting trips and challenges are available
- River Tummel trips cost from £55 per person
- River Tay trips cost from £45 per person
- Tuition provided by experienced guides
- All safety equipment is provided ensuring you have a safe and enjoyable experience
- Changing facilities, with toilets and hot showers, are available on-site