Nestled in a sheltered spot at Widewall Bay on South Ronaldsay, Herston Stained Glass run one and two day stained glass-making courses within their workshop. Inspired by the Orkney landscapes, Angela has been creating stained glass for over 14 years and mixes teaching and commission work, drawing inspiration from her surroundings in all her pieces. The courses are designed as one to one courses, although you can also invite a friend if you would like to share the experience. The basic stained glass techniques are covered with instructions on cutting the glass and lead, pinching the design for soldering, and then grout and polishing. With the added satisfaction that you can take your creation home!
Where can I learn to make stained glass?
If you’re looking for an activity where you can learn something new in a stunning location then don’t look further than these brilliant workshops. With the experienced hands and mind of Angela behind you, you are sure to be leaving with something you can be really proud of and a piece so you can remember your holiday in Orkney!
- Half-day course: £60 per person
- One day course: £120 per person
- Two-day course: £200 per person
- If a second person attends, there is a 25% discount per person
- The maximum number of people in each workshop is 2
- Gifts and stained glass creations available from the shop