Are you a fan of cars, engines and transport? The Grampian Transport Museum has all things related to transportation, ranging from vintage cars, motorbikes, planes and trains.
Why got to the Grampian Transport Museum
The museum was founded by a group of like-minded people back in the 1970s who wanted to preserve the history in a museum for all to see. The museum’s collection ranges from old-time steam engines that go back as far as the 1800s to current times. their collection has some very unique builds that you would never have been able to see if it wasn’t for the museum and builds that hold great historical importance such as the only vehicle to not have been burned on the beach when the tramways were closed in 1958. The museum often holds events such as car shows where people from all over can bring their cars to show others. The museum doesn’t just keep the same builds they present a fresh exhibition every season and change at least a third of the vehicle exhibits.
- Opening Hours:
- April 29th to June 27th: Thursday to Monday only – 10 am to 5 pm
- June 28th to August 30th 7 days a week 10 am to 5 pm
- August 31st to 15th October: Thursday to Monday 10 am to 5 pm
- October 16th to October 31st: 7 days a week 10 am to 5 pm
- Prices – Adult (16+) £11.00, Concession (60+) £9.00, Child (3-15) £4.00, Student £ 5.00, Family (2 adults & 2 children) £25.00, carer free, dogs free.
- Free parking