Can you canoe? Perhaps not, but do not worry as this trial is for people of all abilities! With Scottish Canals, you can canoe from Glasgow all the way to Edinburgh by exploring the river Forth and the River Clyde. To ensure your safety while you are canoeing, the Scottish Canals strongly encourage you to read their safety guide and prepare in advance for a smooth trip. Get your canoes ready to cruise down the trail with your mates and have a truly enjoyable adventure.
Where can I canoe in Glasgow?
Following this trail, you’ll end your journey in Edinburgh, a bustling city filled with its own unique brand of adventure! With plenty of shops and a wide variety of restaurants, Edinburgh draws you in with the promise of even more fun. Or perhaps you would like to walk around the Old Town and feel like you are in a Harry Potter wonderland. Pick your vibe and make a day outdoors out of your canoe adventure!
- Register your trip if you have your own canoe will be going solo
- Canoe trip packages are available through different websites; check on the Scottish Canals website
- Follow the Forth & Clyde and Union canals from Glasgow to Edinburgh
- All safety precautions are taken to make sure both you and the canals are safe – check on the website and after your registration
- Call in advance to make sure that the weather is suitable for the day of your trip