Glencoe is one of, if not the most, famous glens in Scotland with its rich history and tranquil scenery. Now, when you add the thrill of mountain biking on top of that, it truly results in an unforgettable experience! Surrounded by acres and acres of glen, hills, mountainous ranges and forests, there are plenty of trails for you to submerge yourself fully in your surroundings, regardless of your ability.
Where can I go mountain biking in Scotland?
Not only famous for the plethora of fantastic mountain biking trails, but in Glencoe, you can also experience water sports, outdoor climbing, snow sports, beaches, mountain walks and more. If you’re passionate about the outdoors and seeing all that the location has to offer, you can extend your trip and spend a brilliant weekend away by staying in one of the many available; cottages, hotels or chalets. Regardless of your age, you’ll find a way to have a great time. So, why not treat yourself to a weekend away in the Scottish Highlands with your family?
- Open all year round
- Choose your trail and then hire from various bike hire shops in town
- Accommodation in Clachaig Inn and Clachaig self-catering holidays available
- Several activities to do, including water activities and off-road biking
- Beautiful sights to see all on your bike trip
- It’s crucial to visit the website beforehand to check any requirements
- Wee fact for Harry Potter fans: scenes from ‘The Prisoner of Azkaban’ were filmed in Glencoe!